Excerpt from the post:
1. Download & install Firefox (You need firefox for the extension to work)
2. Download & install the Video Downloader extension for Firefox (The video downloader extension allows you to save videos from popular websites like Myspace, YouTube, Google, and others.)
3. Download & install Media Coder (This encoder converts the video you download into .avi files which allow you to view and store them at your won discretion)
4. Find the video you wish to save. Once you are on the page click the Video Downloader Button in the bottom right part of your Firefox Browser window.
5. A window will pop-up. Click the button that says Download Link
6. When prompted select Save to Disk and then click OK
>>>>>Please note that if the file you download does not have the extension .flv, then rename the file and end the name with .flv <<<<<
7. Start up MediaCoder
8. Click on the I agree radio button and on the Skip Setup Wizard button, then close the window that appears after that.
9. Drag and drop the .flv files you downloaded into the large white area in Media Coder
10. Click on the Video tab in the lower left-hand section on the window and select XviD in the Format drop-down menu.
11. Click the large Start buttonon the top toolbar window to start transcoding your video.
12. When completed a window will propmt you saying that transcoding is completed, go your file's original location and an .AVI file shoudl be there with the same file name. Now you can play it with Windows Media or your favorite media player.