If you are looking for a small no-frills sub 30$ DVD player, then this is the one. I needed one as a stop gap solution. I heard that Durabrand is a Walmart product and you get better deals in Walmart compared to any other place. Though there are other brands (Magnavox, Coby) available, I settled for this one for two reasons
- Build Quality is superior (on comparison to Magnavox)
- It had all the basic features that I want.
- Progressive scan
- Plays DVDs, audio CDs, MP3 CDs, CD-R, CD-RW, and picture CDs
- Stereo audio/video outputs, coaxial digital, S-Video & progressive scan outputs
- Built-in dolby digital decoder
- Top loading DVD player
120v 15W (Need a voltage converter to use in other regions)
The form factor is very small and has all function remote. This player has a top open slot which I dislike a bit (if you want to put it in a small place, the tray loading will be better).
By default this player comes with Region 1 support. But you can do a simple hack to make it multi-region player. I tried with a badly scratched DVD R media and it played fairly well.