Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Canon Powershot A720 IS review


I recently bought a Canon Powershot A720 IS camera. I am happy to grab this one when it just arrived in the stores. I had been waiting for its shipping right from when Canon announced this model in August. Earlier to this I almost zeroed on A570 IS. On comparison chart A720 IS faired a lot better compared to any other recent models in Canon Powershot series.

Specs:
  • 8 MP
  • 6x Optical Zoom
  • Digic III
  • ISO 1600
  • 2.5" LCD screen
  • Face Detection
  • Image Stabilization
  • + all the goodies of Powershot series (like Manual mode)

One feature which I like to have in this model, is the vari-angle LCD. But having a 2.5 LCD is worth a compromise for the smaller and bulkier vari-angle LCD panel.

Right at this moment this model gives you a better value for your money at USD249.

On Canon Website:
Powershot A720 IS

Sample Photos:
Flickr tag a720is

Accessories:
Along with camera it is good to buy the following accessories
Previous to this camera I owned a Canon Powershot A70 camera. I had been using A70 for almost 4 years. I had some imaging issues with A70 and I got a free replacement of the CCD from Canon for the manufacturing defect.

As obviously A720IS is generations ahead to A70 in terms of image quality and responsiveness. Another peppy with A720IS is that it runs with 2 batteries compared to 4 required for A70.

P.S: I ate almost half (1 GB) the SD card within a day. Reckless snapping.

2 comments:

rajagopalan said...

super da Lord !! Looks like you did some major shopping in US.... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Canon PowerShot A550 Digital Camera blog
Canon PowerShot A550 Digital Camera
Canon PowerShot S5 IS review blog
Canon PowerShot S5 IS review
Canon PowerShot A570 IS blog
Canon PowerShot A570 IS